Do you have what it takes to become an elite health care management consultant who crisscrosses the country to help clients ultimately help patients? Each person is a unique intersection of values, talents, skills, ideas, beliefs, goals, and dreams. If you’ve got what it takes, have we got a job for you!
pmFAQtory, a health care management consulting company, is seeking a bright, ambitious, energetic project manager to join our team to manage IT projects — focused on medical coding and billing — for health care clients. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference in health care, because at the end of the day, pmFAQtory exists to deliver value in support of our primary goal: the improvement of human health and life.
As a health care project manager at pmFAQtory, you would be responsible for the implementation of complex medical coding software — integrating it with other software systems (EHR, registration/scheduling, billing) and creating measurable improvements to the revenue cycle. You would serve as an on-site expert consultant for our clients, such as academic medical centers and large, multispecialty health care systems. You would also be expected to create and contribute new knowledge to improve the management of IT projects in health care.
This is a contract position. Extensive travel throughout the United States is required, but no relocation is necessary. If contracted, you would go through an initial orientation, and then be based at your home office with frequent trips to client locations. After providing you with subject matter training, we would expect you to hit the ground running.
We know that health care IT projects are complex — so even though you’d be on the road, you wouldn’t be working alone! The rest of our team would be available to you at a moment’s notice, day or night: by instant message, e-mail, phone, intranet, or even a direct flight.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business administration, project management, psychology, philosophy, or a related field. An MBA to show us that you have a basic understanding of business would impress us.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
- At least 1 to 3 years of work experience in project management in a health care setting.
- Experience in IT in the health care industry, and knowledge of basic health care terms and concepts.
- Experience with revenue cycles and medical coding and billing is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of skill with scheduling in MS Project, project planning, and communicating.
- An understanding of basic accounting principles: debits, credits, journal entries, T-accounts.
- Familiarity with HL7, VPNs, GE Centricity Business (IDX), ICD-9 and CPT coding, and a basic understanding of EHR systems (specifically Epic or Cerner), interface engines, and related concepts is preferred.
- A mind that thirsts for and runs on the rocket fuel of knowledge (mandatory!).
- Personality traits: affable, confident, curious, fun and funny, empathetic, sociable, polite, helpful, loyal, persevering, charismatic, emotionally intelligent, conscientious, hardworking, disciplined, organized, prepared, and focused.
- Passionately curious, with a strong desire to learn new information in an ever more complicated industry, and contribute to that knowledge.
- Excellent communication, research, and writing skills. If you’re a great communicator who understands IT and basic health care concepts, you’ll get our attention quickly.
- Ability to manage efficiently and effectively under ambiguous — and sometimes stressful — conditions involving time pressure and organizational politics.
- Committed to continuous personal and team improvement.
- Flexible — Willing and able to travel extensively.
- Reliable — Dependable; eager to go the extra mile to deliver results on time and on budget.
- Organized — Able to stay focused amid many people and moving parts.
- Composed — Able to lead under pressure and manage multiple stakeholders and conflict effectively.
- Inspiring — We want clients to cheer you on! You should be able to inspire them by making work clear, easy, and fun.
- Self-directed — Thinks quickly and is comfortable making decisions.
How to apply
Our clients need our help to defend their projects against risk. If you’re ready to be pmFAQtory’s newest defender, e-mail these items to firstname.lastname@example.org. Along the way, be creative — and think about ways to (pleasantly) surprise us!
- Your current résumé or curriculum vitae. (The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Show us what you’ve done.)
- A captivating and inspiring cover letter.
- Tell us how much you’d like to make per hour. After we say “no,” tell us what you’re willing to accept, with good faith that the more valuable you become over time, the more you’ll earn — and learn!
- Briefly tell us how you learned about this career opportunity.
If your application materials blow us away, we’ll get in touch with you. At that point, to ensure you’re exactly right for us — and we’re right for you — you’ll go through our multistage, comprehensive interview process.
Don’t see an open opportunity that’s a match for you, but want to tell us about yourself and your skills? Get in touch.